[kehitysmaaliike-l] Baltic network for activists - call for young participants

Larri Himma larri.himma at eetti.fi
Mon Marras 1 13:45:06 EEST 2018

Hei,

tässä kiinnostava mahdollisuus 18-30-vuotiaille nuorille päästä
matkustamaan ympäri Baltiaa ja oppimaan kestävästä kulutuksesta ja
tuotannosta.

*Baltic network for activists  - call for young participants*

Are you fed up with buying stuff that has been produced inan
unsustainable way? Would you like to be part of an international project
exploring new forms of activism to make global trade fair for all?

We are looking for young people aged 18-30 from Finland,Estonia and
Latvia to be part of a unique project, where we will learn new methods
to change the way global consumption and production is taking place. **

**

We will travel to each of these countries, learning from each other as
well as from external experts on social media communication,
subvertisement workshops and video making as a tool for campaigning.The
first transnational meeting will take place in Raasepori, Finland on Nov
2-4. We will hear from urban activist and producer Jaakko Blomberg (tbc)
about how to use social media to get people together to create real life
events. Subvertisment experts Jari Tamminen and Eeva Kemppainen will
introduce us to the world of advertisements, parodies and their
transformative power.

We ask all participants (eight from each country) to commit to the
project for a full year, which means participating in two transnational
meetings as well as two national meetings. In the process, you will
learn new forms of activism with the aim to make global trade fair for
all. All travel and meal costs will be covered by the project.

Want to join us in this exciting new project? Drop us an email by
October 14and tell us why you want to get involved. You don’t need to be
an expert on campaigning or global trade - an open mind and eagerness to
learn is all that counts!

Contact person in Finland: Lotta Staffans

Email: lotta.staffans at eetti.fi <mailto:lotta.staffans at eetti.fi>

Phone nr: 040 573 0806

We look forward to hearing from you!

Pro Ethical Trade Finland (Eettisen kaupan puolesta ry) is an NGO
working for fair trade, sustainable production and responsible
consumption. The other partners are Mondo in Estonia and Friends of the
Earth Latvia. The project is funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the
European Union.

--
Larri Himma
viestinnän suunnittelija