[kehitysmaaliike-l] Discussion: The Role of Investigative Journalism in Social Change in Nepal, 27th March

Esa Salminen esa.salminen at vikes.fi
Mon Maalis 19 10:27:01 EET 2018

Welcome to a very interesting discussion evening with cutting-edge journalists from Nepal. Investigative journalism is not very common in Nepal, where distances are ample, politics challenging and human rights not always respected.

The main speakers are Namrata Sharma, the chairperson of Centre for Investigative Journalism in Nepal and Shiva Gaunle, the editor of the same centre.

On Tuesday 27 March 17-19.30 hrs
Venue: Auditorium, Päivälehti Museum, Ludviginkatu 2-4, 00130 Helsinki

NB. Please, kindly sign up to event by sending email to eevasez at gmail.com by Monday 26 March

Namrata Sharma has over 25 years of experience in journalism and women's rights. Her work in several several countries has focused on setting up institutions with an aim of sustainable development, local/international development by microfinance, decentralization, NGO capacity building, gender and advocacy. She is the founder of Centre for Microfinance in Nepal. She is currently the chairperson for Centre for Investigative Journalism Nepal (CIJ-Nepal), Vice President of Rural Health Education Service Trust, Publisher /Editor of Nariswor (Women's Voice quarterly), and freelance consultant.

Shiva Raj Koirala alias Shiva Gaunle, has been Editor at the Centre for Investigative Journalism Nepal for the last three years. Previously, he was President of the Federation of Nepalese Journalists (FNJ). His earlier position as Editor at Himal Khabar Patrika weekly for over a decade gave him tremendous working knowledge in journalism. ”Though I hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, later on, my passion for writing and interest in social, political and demographic issues led me to carry further in journalism”, he says.

Further Information:

Byoma Tamrakar, Finland-Nepal Friendship Association
E-mail: byoma.tamrakar at gmail.com

Eeva Simola, Vikes, E-mail: eevasez at gmail.com

VIKES has been supporting democracy, peace building and freedom of expression in Nepal since 2010 with project support from Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. Our local partner CIJ-Nepal provides further training to journalists and publishes investigative stories.

www.vikes,.fi<http://www.vikes,.fi/>
www.cijnepal.org.np<http://www.cijnepal.org.np>

HTML liite on poistettu...