[kehitysmaaliike-l] Työpaikkailmoitus: Communication Manager / Lääkärit Ilman Rajoja
kaisa.loikkanen at Helsinki.msf.org
Mon Kesä 18 08:15:04 EEST 2018
MSF Finland is looking for a Communication Manager
Lääkärit Ilman Rajoja / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Finland is looking for a passionate, action-oriented Communication Manager to set-up and develop our communication activities as we start. You will need to be a communicative genius with extraordinary administrative skills. It might sound like an impossible combination, but we believe that you are out there. Do not miss this exciting challenge to be part of a small dynamic team which will increase MSF’s capacity to provide humanitarian medical assistance to vulnerable people all over the world!
As the Communication manager you will oversee and manage MSF’s communication activities in Finland. This key position will develop communication and branding strategies, including crisis and emergency preparedness. But the first thing you will have to do is to hire a team to help you get everything set up. It is your job to oversee that the required resources, systems and tools are in place to implement successful communication activities in Finland. Once that is done, the real challenge begins. You will have the overall responsibility for how MSF’s field work (operations) is communicated towards the Finnish public, following the movement’s communication guidelines and principles, and to support to the Finnish office in all communication aspects.
• Responsible for developing an overall communication strategy and plan, including setting targets and key performance indicators.
• Responsible for developing, and managing, the press service and ensure that it can be reached 24/7 with support from the Swedish office.
• Build and maintain contacts with relevant journalists in Finland and Finnish correspondents abroad. And be responsible for media evaluation and analysis of media coverage.
• Ensure that the office has the right communication staff resources and find creative ways to attract them.
• Coordinate and coach the members of the team.
• Be responsible for the Communications budget, monitoring expenditures to ensure cost efficiency, effectiveness and a responsible handling of finances.
We are looking for someone with:
* Academic degree in journalism or other relevant areas
* Excellent knowledge of the Finnish media and communication landscape
* Experience of leading others and/or managing a team
* Experience of budget planning and follow-up
* Fluency in Finnish and English, both written and spoken
* Strong writing and editing skills, including translating from English to Finnish
* Good knowledge of common IT tools, including MS Excel
We also value:
* Previous MSF or other field experience from a non-governmental organisation or working for a non-governmental organisation
* Experience from crisis communication and communication in sensitive contexts
* Knowledge of web publishing and social media
* Swedish language skills
But in the end, what matters is that you are right person for the job. We believe that means that you have a strong commitment to humanitarian principles and values. That you show good and responsible leadership. That you can handle stressful situations and help other through them. That you can plan and organise and that you take pride in delivering good results with high quality.
What we offer you:
* An opportunity to be part of creating a new MSF entity in Finland
* An exciting job with one of the world's most respected humanitarian organisations
* Flexible working hours and an international environment including travels
* A changing work environment characterized by enthusiasm and high intensity
* A workplace that strives for diversity and equality
* A working culture that is based on collective responsibility to bring our work forward
* Full support and back-up from the communication department in Stockholm
Conditions of employment:
Employment type: Permanent position with six (6) months’ probation
Work hours: 38 hours work week (100%)
Salary: 3 931 euro/month, according to MSF FI Salary Policy level 7
Benefits: Occupational healthcare, life insurance, travel insurance, insurance for work related injuries, wellness contribution (200 euro/year), lunch benefit.
Vacation: As per MSF FI HR policy
Location: Based in Helsinki with occasional travels
Entry date: As soon as possible, latest September
Interested? Go ahead and apply with resume and cover letter in English on www.lakareutangranser.se/lediga-tjanster<http://www.lakareutangranser.se/lediga-tjanster> by 8th of July 2018. We do not accept applications via email.
For questions about the position please contact Country Manager Linda Konate, linda.konate at helsinki.msf.org<mailto:linda.konate at helsinki.msf.org> / +358 447 247 387.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality. Lääkärit Ilman Rajoja / MSF Finland was founded in 2017 as a branch office within the MSF movement. In Finland, MSF is starting a new branch office and we aim to raise funds, recruit field workers and communicate about our work in order to contribute to saving lives and alleviating suffering in the world.
Link to advertisement and application: https://lakareutangranser.se/lediga-tjanster?rmpage=job&rmjob=386&rmlang=UK
Médecins Sans Frontières - Lääkärit Ilman Rajoja
kaisa.loikkanen at helsinki.msf.org
Mobile +358 40 485 1748
-------------- seuraava osa --------------
HTML liite on poistettu...