[kehitysmaaliike-l] Gender and Evaluations: What Can we Learn? Publication of Evaluation and Panel Discussion 23.8.2018

Pulkkinen Sanna Sanna.Pulkkinen at formin.fi
Ke Kesä 13 08:08:32 EEST 2018

Publication of Evaluation and Panel Discussion 23.8.2018
Gender and Evaluations: What Can we Learn?

Welcome to the joint evaluation publication and panel discussion organized by the Development Evaluation Unit of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs (MFA) and Independent Evaluation Service UN Women. The event will be organized on Thursday 23 August 2018 at 8:30 - 13:45 in the House of Estates (Säätytalo), Snellmaninkatu 9-11. The event will consist of two sessions.

In the morning the results of the Evaluation on Improvement of Women's and Girls' Rights in Finland's Development Policy and Cooperation will be published. The afternoon panel discussion will set the basis for a dialogue around the crucial role of gender responsive evaluation within the Sustainable Development Goals era and its follow-up and review processes within the framework of the High Level Political Forum (HLPF).

Preliminary programme is attached.

Registration to the event through the following link www.lyyti.in/genderandevaluations<http://www.lyyti.in/genderandevaluations> is required by Monday 13 August 2018 at 12.00. Please also remember to bring with you an ID for the Security check at House of Estates. All people will identify themselves in the check entry point and will get inside if they have registered beforehand.

The results of the evaluation will also be presented in webinar on Friday 24 August 2018 at 10:00 - 12:00 (Helsinki time). We will send a separate invitation for this webinar.

Some general information on the evaluation of development cooperation in the MFA can be found http://um.fi/public/default.aspx?contentid=328977&nodeid=49326&contentlan=2&culture=en-US
and other evaluation reports can be found http://um.fi/public/default.aspx?contentid=372981&nodeid=49728&contentlan=2&culture=en-US  .

Welcome!

Development Evaluation Unit
Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland

*****
Sanna Pulkkinen
Senior Evaluation Officer
E-mail sanna.pulkkinen at formin.fi
Tel. +358 295 351346 / +358 50 321 2699

Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland
Street address: Kirkkokatu 12, Helsinki, Finland
Postal address: P.O. Box 26, 00023 Government, Finland

[cid:image001.png at 01D3E60E.030B7710]

www.um.fi<mailto:pauliina.paananen at formin.fi>