[kehitysmaaliike-l] Short-term vacancy: Project developer and writer
Heli.Maki-Hakola at kepa.fi
To Apr 19 09:48:20 EEST 2018
The Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is a Finnish non-governmental organisation with head office in Helsinki, Finland. FRC's key mission is to promote the basic rights of refugees and IDPs by supporting and promoting their self-sufficiency and supporting host communities. Core sectors are non-formal education (adult literacy and vocational education), livelihoods and enhancement of civil society organisations.
Within the framework of its four-year programme "Supporting new beginnings for vulnerable refugees and host communities", FRC aims to develop and plan interventions on adult education/functional literacy for refugees in Ethiopia. The target group will be South Sudanese refugees living in the refugee camps established in Gambella Region.
Special attention will be paid to align FRC's approach to the policies of the Government of Ethiopia, with the recently established 2018 Ethiopia Country Refugee Response Plan and with UNHCR livelihood priorities which include, among others, basic literacy/financial literacy & soft skills trainings for South-Sudanese refugees in Gambella.
Preliminary contacts with governmental offices (ARRA, the Ethiopian Governmental Agency for the Administration for Refugee and Returnee Affairs), UNHCR, and national and international NGOs have already been established in the country by FRC.
In order to enhance its institutional fundraising portfolio, FRC is looking for a qualified professional who will be tasked to develop, design and draft a quality project expected to meet the standards set by the main institutional donors, and pave the way for FRC's future interventions in Ethiopia.
This is a fixed- term, two-month vacancy starting in June 2018, with the possibility of a one-month extension. Field work in Uganda and Ethiopia will approximately last one month while for the remaining time the assigned duties will be performed in Helsinki or Addis Ababa, or in other locations subject to negotiation.
* Familiarising oneself with FRC's current work on adult education with refugees in Uganda
* Liaisons with key agencies in the country, starting with ARRA and UNHCR
* Conducting stakeholder analysis and mapping out cooperation prospects with other agencies, national and international
* Conducting a needs assessment in the targeted refugee camp(s) and the neigbouring villages in Gambella region
* Designing a feasible inclusive action strategy on adult education targeting both refugee and host communities
* Collecting detailed financial information for budget drafting purposes
* Drafting the narrative proposal, including the logical framework, budget, and work plan for a one (1) year long project, extendable; the ECHO single form and annexes will be the reference format to follow
* Any other tasks relevant for FRC to start its operations in Ethiopia
Required qualifications and experience:
* Knowledge and understanding of refugee work and the humanitarian-development nexus, preferably in the livelihood and education sectors
* Familiarity with PCM
* Demonstrated experience in needs assessment and project design, and writing for institutional donors; previous experience in proposal writing for DG ECHO is an asset
* Excellent English skills, spoken and written
* Ability to work independently and efficiently
* Familiarity with the Ethiopian and refugee context is an asset
As per the employer's pay scale.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter by email to leena.kumpulainen at refugeecouncil.fi by 30th April 2018. Only the candidates invited to interviews will be notified.
Viestin välitti Heli Mäki-Hakola, Kepa ry
Toimistokoordinaattori / Office Coordinator
+358 9 584 233
heli.maki-hakola at kepa.fi<mailto:heli.maki-hakola at kepa.fi>
Elimäenkatu 25-27 (5. krs)
00510 Helsinki, Finland
-------------- seuraava osa --------------
HTML liite on poistettu...