[kehitysmaaliike-l] [Reminder/Last days to register!] HUMLOG's 10th anniversary celebration on April 25

HUMLOG Institute humlog at hanken.fi
Mon Apr 16 13:30:56 EEST 2018

The HUMLOG Institute is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year!

We are happy to invite you to celebrate with us!

On Wednesday, 25th April from 13:00 to 18:00hrs

At Hanken School of Economics
Arkadiankatu 22, Helsinki, Finland

Are you interested in the Humanitarian sector and want to learn more about it? Are you a practitioner, policymaker or academic and want to exchange ideas around the current challenges the sector is facing?

Do not miss the chance to engage in discussion with knowledgeable, dedicated and inspiring experts and actors from the Humanitarian sector!
Pekka Haavisto is a member of the Finnish Parliament and was the presidential candidate from Green League in 2018 elections. Pekka is well-known for his activities in international affairs and famous in crisis areas in the world. Christophe Hambye is the Head of the Logistics Division at the International Committee of the Red Cross. He is flying from Geneva to be with us at the event! We are also happy to welcome Rolando Tomasini as one of the speakers. Rolando is Head of Partnerships Development at the United Nations Office of Project Services (UNOPS) but he is also the first Ph.D. graduate with a connection to the institute's topics! Come to learn more from him about the United Nation Sustainable Development Goals and about how to provide peace, security and humanitarian and development solutions.
The event is designed to encourage discussions and exchanges between the speakers and the participants. You are invited to take an active role in the panel discussions and to engage dialogue with experts in our exhibition area!

Please register by April 18 here: https://goo.gl/12XCg3

Agenda:

13:00
13:50

Welcoming coffee
Exhibition

13:50
14:00

Introduction

·         Hlekiwe Kachali, director of the HUMLOG Institute

14:00
14:30

Opening speeches

·         Karen Spens, rector, Hanken School of Economics

·         Ilkka Korkiamäki, rector, National Defence University

14:30
15:30

Keynote speakers

·         Pekka Haavisto, Member of Parliament and a Member of the Committee for Foreign Affairs, Finland

·         Rolando Mario Tomasini, Head of Partnerships Development, UNOPS

·         Christophe Hambye, Head of Logistics Division, International Committee of the Red Cross, Geneva

15:30
16:00

Audience interactive with the keynotes

16:00
16:15

Intermission

16:15
17:00

Panel discussion

·         Hannu Kari, Research Director, Elisa

·         Gyöngyi Kovács, Erkko Professor in Humanitarian Logistics, Hanken School of Economics

·         Paul Larson, CN Professor of Supply Chain Management, University of Manitoba

·         Kalle Löövi, Director of International Operations, Finnish Red Cross
Moderator: Ira Haavisto, Research Project Manager, Nordic Healthcare Group

17:00
18:00

Cocktail and Exhibition continues

Note that the event is free of charge and open to any interested stakeholder. Do not hesitate to spread the word!

For more information about the event and the speakers: https://www.hanken.fi/en/node/1570209
Our Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/269322233605301/<https://www.linkedin.com/redir/redirect?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efacebook%2Ecom%2Fevents%2F269322233605301%2F&urlhash=N0yz&_t=tracking_anet>

Contact the organising committee: humlog at hanken.fi<mailto:humlog at hanken.fi>.

About us: For over a decade, the HUMLOG Institute has conducted research on logistics and supply chain management in the humanitarian and development contexts. Thorough our work in collaboration with our allies and associates, our goal is to conduct empirically grounded research in order to provide measurable benefits to persons requiring assistance. More info here: www.hanken.fi/humlog<http://www.hanken.fi/humlog>

Looking forward to seeing you on the 25!

HUMLOG Institute Team
[cid:image001.png at 01D3CCC3.8FA9DF40]
HUMLOG Institute: http://www.hanken.fi/humloginstitute
Join our community by joining our new LinkedIn group "The HUMLOG Institute". Welcome!
To sign up for the HUMLOG newsletter, send an e-mail to sympa at hanken.fi<mailto:sympa at hanken.fi> with the text "subscribe humlognews" in the text (no subject heading).

Hanken School of Economics
P.O. Box 479, 00101 HELSINKI, FINLAND
www.hanken.fi<http://www.hanken.fi/>
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D3CCC3.8FA9DF40]  [cid:image003.jpg at 01D3CCC3.8FA9DF40]   [cid:image004.png at 01D3CCC3.8FA9DF40]