[kehitysmaaliike-l] Save the Children Finland seeks for a Global Advisor, FSL & CT in humanitarian context
Susanna.Tan at pelastakaalapset.fi
Ti toukokuu 10 18:08:52 EEST 2016
Save the Children Finland seeks for a Global Advisor, FSL & CT in humanitarian context
Focus: Food security and livelihoods (FSL) & cash transfers (CT), special focus on child sensitivity
Duration: Permanent contract
The role of Advisor, FSL & CT (Food Security& Livelihoods and Cash Transfers) is to provide thematic expertise within the FSL and CT sectors especially focusing on promoting "child sensitivity" in the planning, implementation and assessment/ evaluation of SCF-supported humanitarian projects contributing to SCI operations. In addition the post holder is responsible for developing good quality "child sensitive" FSL and CT project proposals, in the humanitarian context, for SC donors (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland (MFA) / ECHO etc).
* Provide technical support to Country Offices on the design (high quality concept notes and proposals) of SCF supported FSL, CT HUM projects with special emphasis on "promoting child sensitivity" during the planning of such projects in MENA, Asia and Africa ensuring they are in line with SCI rules and principles meeting the goal and benchmarks of Save the Children's humanitarian response as well as SCF strategy and global programme.
* Provide technical support to Country Offices FSL / CT and MEAL teams on implementation, monitoring and reporting of projects, especially bringing the spotlight on promoting "child sensitivity" in the different project stages; conducting regular monitoring visits to ensure quality programming and ensuring that all required project indicators are measured by field teams. (including capacity building of field staff on indicators)
* Take the initiative in documenting lessons learnt, best practice and case studies to shape SCF programming and contribute to broader sector learning, especially around the "cash transfer plus" approach that Save the Children is globally promoting under 'Child Sensitive Social Protection"
* Play a leadership role in shaping FSL/CT/ HUM/ child sensitivity communications and media priorities in line with thematic priorities, acting as a spokesperson when required.
* Masters' Degree in Social sciences, Development studies, Human rights, Conflict resolution or equivalent.
* A good understanding of UN CRC and issues related to international humanitarian standards and guidelines.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing, implementing and evaluating long term development and / or emergency programmes in the field of FSL and Cash transfers, preferably from a child rights approach and in promoting "child sensitivity and outcomes for children" in such FSL and CT interventions; including at least 1 year working on the field.
* Previous experience of in conflict settings and remote management
* Proven skills in proposal development and reporting across major institutional donors
* Substantial understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation as well as accountability towards donors and beneficiaries.
* Fluency in written and spoken English and computer literate
* Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles
* Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
* Knowledge or experience of mainstreaming child protection into humanitarian actions (CPMS) and integrating child protection and child sensitivity work in FSL and cash transfer interventions.
* Language skills in French and/or Arabic
The Advisor will work in the Programme Development and Quality team in Save the Children Finland Head office in Helsinki. This will be a local contract and suitable candidates need to have a work permit and a residency status in Finland.
Please submit a cover letter and CV to scf at savethechildren.fi<mailto:scf at savethechildren.fi> by May 25, 2016 at 4 pm (EET). Interviews will be held on the week of June 6th, 2016. Be aware that applications send after the deadline will not be accepted. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More information from Susanna Tan, Head of Programme Development and Quality; telephone enquiries +358 400 649238 on Monday 16th of May at 1-2 pm (EET) or Tuesday 17th of May 1-2 pm (EET).
Save the Children Finland (Pelastakaa Lapset) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization devoted to improving the position of the whole child population and advancing due attention to safeguarding children's best interests.
Save the Children Finland was founded in 1922 to find foster homes for orphaned children. Today the organization still continues its work to defend the rights of children, doing this in accordance with the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
The overall objective of our international programme is to contribute to the realization of the rights of a child in its targeted operational areas, and the world at large both in development and humanitarian context.
-------------- seuraava osa --------------
HTML liite on poistettu...