[kehitysmaaliike-l] Vacancy in Plan International Finland: Global ICT4D Coordinator
Mika.Valitalo at plan-international.org
Ke Kesä 1 14:45:50 EEST 2016
Plan International Finland is an independent civil society organization working for child rights in developing countries and around the world. We connect committed people with powerful ideas in order to find solutions and trigger change that makes a real difference for children, especially girls. For over 79 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to claim their rights, free themselves of poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan has no religious or political affiliations.
We are looking for a Global ICT4D Coordinator
Plan International has set itself an exciting ambition for an innovative use of technology for development and child rights. To advance this agenda in the global organization, Plan International Finland is seeking a team member with expertise in technology for development, communications and knowledge management to co-lead Plan's global ICT4D network. You will work will in close collaboration with ICT4D Senior Specialist and the programme team. This is a one-year fixed position, renewable according to funding availability. Note that the deadline for applications is 16th June.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Establish and facilitate a network of ICT4D colleagues in Plan Federation.
· Curate, collect and disseminate existing Plan and external ICT4D materials and co-lead the production of new materials.
· Evaluate and facilitate the uptake of new models and practices for utilizing technology in Plan's child rights programs.
· Develop and enhance the ICT4D solutions portfolio for Plan International.
· Represent Plan at relevant networks, conferences and meetings.
· A degree from an appropriate field (e.g. technology, social sciences, development, communications);
· Relevant work experience (past experience from developing countries is an advantage);
· Understanding of the use of information and communication technologies in international development.
· Fluency in English; strong writing and presentation skills - other languages incl. Finnish are an asset;
· Strong team-working and cross-cultural communication skills;
· Given that the task requires convening people, inspiring them and changing the way we work, we are looking for a person who is sociable, enthusiastic and energetic.
· Active use of different social media channels is an asset
· Interest in child rights, gender equality and development.
· An opportunity to work in an exciting and future-oriented role in one of world's largest child rights NGOs.
· A flexible, result-oriented professional culture that places much value on employees' wellbeing at work.
· A chance to work as part of a fun, talented, multicultural team.
Please submit a resumé and an application video (max. 3 min, provide the video via a link to Dropbox, Youtube, Vimeo etc.) to rekry at plan.fi<mailto:rekry at plan.fi> by June 16, 2016. Interviews will be held on the week of June 20, 2016. Only the candidates invited to interviews will be notified.
More information from Mika Välitalo, Senior Specialist on Technology, Innovation and Transparency; telephone enquiries +358 50 352 7386 on Tuesday 7 June at 1-2 pm (EET) or Thursday 9 May 10-11 am (EET).
Senior Specialist - Technology, Innovation and Transparency
International Programs Unit
Mobile +358 50 352 7386
Any opinions expressed in this message and any attachments are those of the sender only and do not necessarily represent the views of Plan. Internet communications are not secure and Plan accepts no responsibility for the content of this e-mail.
The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to whom the message is addressed. The information may be confidential and, if you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in relation to it.
For the content of this e-mail to be contractually binding, it must be signed by an authorised representative of Plan.
Plan Finland: registered in Finland no. 1498487-2.
Registered address: Kumpulantie 3, 6th Floor 00520 Helsinki, Finland
Finland Disclaimer Tag
-------------- seuraava osa --------------
HTML liite on poistettu...