[kehitysmaaliike-l] Call for Climate Projects
titta.lassila at sll.fi
Mon Kesä 24 16:02:00 EEST 2013
Suomen luonnonsuojeluliiton EkoEnergia etsii ilmastohankkeita, jotka toimivat uusiutuvan energian parissa Etelässä:
Do you know ideas/projects/organisations, which would need money in carbon saving projects in developing countries? EKOenergy opened a climate fund, which has now its first Call for Projects!
CALL FOR PROJECTS
EKOenergy is a recently launched network of European environmental NGOs willing to promote the use of renewable electricity. The network manages the EKOenergy label. For each MWh of electricity sold as EKOenergy, 10 cents go to the EKOenergy Climate Fund. See www.ekoenergy.org
The first Climate Fund Project Call is targeted to finance renewable electricity projects in developing countries, and we are now looking for suitable projects to be financed between the autumn of 2013 and the autumn of 2014.
Hereafter the call for projects. Feel free to forward this message both within your organization and to others. Feel also free to send us your suggestions, questions, concerns... Looking forward to hearing from you.
A. Send us your project
To submit a project proposal, please e-mail the following information to info at ekoenergy.org:
A.1. About yourself
Following elements are important for us:
- Location: preferably a European organization or an organization with active communication (and network) in Europe.
- Communication: preferably an organization with a good website in several languages (and at least in English)
- Experience: preferably having 5 years of experience with energy projects in developing countries
- Preferably experience with projects that are being co-financed by the EU or by national authorities (accredited NGO or demonstrable experience)
- Having a transparent and audited bookkeeping
- Preferably having experience with fundraising
- Preferably offering opportunities for a long time collaboration with EKOenergy
A.2. About the project(s)
What renewable electricity projects would your organization be able to set up with 10.000, 50.000, 100.000, 200.000 euro?
What is the installed capacity for each of these amounts, and what will be the yearly production.
Please briefly refer to the following aspects
- Relevance of the project to Millennium Development Goals
- Ownership of the project and impact on local community
- Project long term sustainability and proposed auditing process
- Environmental integration and environmental sustainability of project
- Innovative technical, social and economic aspects of project
- How will the project be followed up after the installation?
If possible, illustrate with concrete examples of earlier or similar projects.
Minimal requirement: reporting in line with logical framework approach. The exact procedure will depend on the granted amount, and will be specified in the contract between EKOenergy and the selected organization(s).
B. Our evaluation criteria
- Experience, solvency and reliability of the organization (20%)
- Quality and efficiency of the project (20%): effectiveness, efficiency, relevance, impact and visibility, ownership, gender
- Long term viability, sustainability and replicability of the project (20%)
- Contacts with local stakeholders, solid local counterpart (20%)
- Complementary goals with EKOenergy (20%): Share the goals of the coalition and specialize in promotion of renewable energy.
C. Other information and guidelines
- Information you send us will be shared with evaluators and with the members of the network (24 NGOs of different European countries). If you have specific reasons to keep some information more confidential, contact us beforehand.
- Try to limit the proposal itself to 3-5 pages, annexes are allowed. Please combine all documents into a single pdf.
- If you mail us, and you don't get a confirmation mail within 48 hours, please resend your mail.
- Feel free to refer to specific pages on your website.
- Please indicate clearly whom we should contact if we need additional information.
D. Deadline and contact
Deadline: September 15, 2013
Contact: EKOenergy, info at ekoenergy.org, Steven Vanholme, +358 50 568 73 85, skype: steven.vanholme