[kehitysmaaliike-l] [Fwd: [Fwd: MA in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy (Berlin and Dubrovnik, from October 11th, 2011)]]

Anna-Sofia Joro anna-sofia.joro at kepa.fi
Ti Elo 9 08:29:41 EEST 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

On behalf of the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy, I am writing to bring
to your attention our new Masters Program in Cultural Diplomacy and
International Relations. We are currently accepting applications for
enrollments to the Fall Semester 2011 in Berlin, and would be grateful
if you could share this announcement by forwarding the information below
to anyone you think may be interested in applying.

*MA in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy*

*/The Institute for Cultural Diplomacy, in Cooperation with Dubrovnik
International University/*

(Berlin and Dubrovnik, October 11^th , 2011)

(www.icd-academy.org <http://www.icd-academy.org/>); Application Form>
<http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/academy/index.php?en_ma_admissions>

On behalf of the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy I would like to thank
you in advance for your help in this matter. If you have any further
questions regarding the MA program or our institution, please do not
hesitate to contact us at: info at culturaldiplomacy.org
<mailto:info at culturaldiplomacy.org>__

With warm regards and gratitude,

*Mark Donfried*

*Director & Founder*

*Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (ICD)*

Ku´damm Karree (3rd Floor/Hochhaus)

Kurfürstendamm 207-8 Berlin, Germany-10719

Phone: 00.49.(0)30.2360-7680

Fax: 00.49.(0)30.2360-76811

www.culturaldiplomacy.org <http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/>

info at culturaldiplomacy.org <mailto:info at culturaldiplomacy.org>

------------ /Please forward the announcement found below/
--------/Thank you/ --------------

*MA in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy*

*/The Institute for Cultural Diplomacy in Cooperation with Dubrovnik
International University/*

(Berlin and Dubrovnik, October 11^th , 2011)

(www.icd-academy.org <http://www.icd-academy.org/>) Application Form>
<http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/academy/index.php?en_ma_admissions>

The Institute for Cultural Diplomacy and Dubrovnik International
University (DIU) are pleased to announce the graduate Master of Arts
program in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy. Offered by
DIU in partnership with the ICD, the program will combine the
traditional academic components of international relations with a new
focus on the role of soft power and cultural diplomacy in contemporary
global affairs.

*_The Degree_*

While the study of political science has been a cherished tradition of
academia, the developments outlined above demand the identification of
entirely new theories and models. An understanding of the challenges
faced by the contemporary world requires an interdisciplinary approach;
International Relations and Diplomacy should not be understood only as
disciplines of Political Science or Political Theory, but also be
interpreted from the perspective of art and culture, economics, law, and
other social sciences.

Further information about the program curriculum is found under:
http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/academy/content/articles/maincd/MA_Cultural_Diplomacy_Curriculum.pdf

*_Admissions

_*

DIU and the ICD do not consider any one element of an application
exclusively. Rather, our admissions panel considers academic achievement
as well as personal qualities such as strength of character, motivation
and the ability and willingness to take on new academic challenges.
Additional factors, such as essays, letters of recommendation, and
interviews are also a vital part of the admissions process. Our aim is
to attract students from a variety of backgrounds and countries that
will foster a unique and diverse learning environment.

Further information is found under:

http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/academy/index.php?en_ma_admissions

For further information please contact us under
academy at culturaldiplomacy.org <mailto:academy at culturaldiplomacy.org>

* *

******

*The Institute for Cultural Diplomacy*

www.culturaldiplomacy.org <http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/>

The Institute for Cultural Diplomacy is an international,
not-for-profit, non-governmental organization with headquarters in
Berlin, Germany. The goal of the ICD is to promote global peace and
stability by strengthening and supporting intercultural relations at all
levels. Over the past decade the ICD has grown to become one of Europe’s
largest independent cultural exchange organizations, hosting programs
that facilitate interaction among individuals of all cultural, academic,
and professional backgrounds, from across the world.

*/ /*

Please address any additional queries to _academy at culturaldiplomacy.org
<mailto:academy at culturaldiplomacy.org>_

With warm regards and gratitude,

*Mark Donfried*

*Director & Founder*

* *

*Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (ICD)*

Ku´damm Karree (3rd Floor/Hochhaus)

Kurfürstendamm 207-8 Berlin, Germany-10719

Phone: 00.49.(0)30.2360-7680

Fax: 00.49.(0)30.2360-76811

www.culturaldiplomacy.org <http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/>

info at culturaldiplomacy.org <mailto:info at culturaldiplomacy.org>

*Join the ICD’s global network on** Facebook – **click here **
Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in the field by following
the ICD on** Twitter – **click here **
**Become a member of the ICD and help create a strong Cultural Diplomacy
community** – **click here*

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended only

for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this

e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible

for routing it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any

review, dissemination, copying or forwarding of this e-mail is strictly

prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please reply to the

sender of such and delete the e-mail in its entirety. Thank you.

Viestin välitti,

--
Anna-Sofia Joro
Tiedottaja / Press Officer