[kehitysmaaliike-l] Questionnaire for ex-JPO's

Jukka Aronen jukka.aronen at kepa.fi
Ke Nov 29 13:53:25 EET 2006

Dear receiver,

I am trying to make contact with ex-JPOs, as part of a study of the
experiences of Junior Professional Officers who have participated in MFA
Finland-funded projects within the Finnish bilateral development
cooperation programme.

The purpose of the JPO program is to ensure that Finland will have
sufficient development cooperation capacities in the future. I have
tried to find out from the MFA something of the policy of the official
JPO program and have been disturbed at the lack of information
available. It seems that no-one actually is certain how the JPO program
originated, nor has there been much reflection regarding the purpose or
evaluation of the results. This intrigued me and made me want to find
out more from previous or current JPOs, about your motivations, how
things went in reality, and what you have done since – including whether
you are continuing to be interested in development work and what
barriers you have faced in finding work in this area.

I am conducting this study on a personal basis. I am keen to study this
topic both for the purpose of supporting current JPOs in the field in my
own work, and also to feed back to the MFA, in the hope of improving the
scheme in the future. I would like to either interview ex-JPOs or ask
you to fill in a questionnaire, which could be returned by email.

I will keep your comments anonymous, unless you state that you are happy
to have your name associated with them.

If you know other JPOs or ex-JPOs I would be very grateful if you could
either pass this message on to them or send me their contact details.

Thank you for reading this far and I hope that you can contact me on:
pamela.white at terraconsulting.fi or call me on +358 40 760 7960. I will
then send you the questionnaire. It can be filled in either in Finnish
or English.

If you are in Helsinki and would be interested, we could also meet and
discuss your experience in person over a coffee.

Thank you, Pamela

---

Tiedon välitti
Jukka Aronen, Kepa