Responsible Organising Conference #3 - Let’s transform society!
Tuesday November 19, 2019 – 09:00 to 18:00 – Hanken School of Economics
Climate crisis, fake news, inequality & social exclusion, unsustainable consumption
are some of the biggest challenges of our times! … The time to act is now. Do you want to
get a deeper understanding along with research-based insights on these challenges and many
more? Fancy taking part in transforming the world for the better with people from
different walks of life?
Join us at the third annual Responsible Organising Conference to embark on the collective
journey of transforming society!
Deadline for registration: Friday November 15
Want to get a taste of the conference? It is
The day is composed of:
A plenary session about "Innovation and Inclusion" and insights from three
- Innovation - from exclusion to inclusion? - Karin Berglund, Professor in
business with specialisation in entrepreneurship at Stockholm Business School
- Why diversity & inclusion matter - Katja Toropainen, Founder of Inklusiiv,
ex-Chief Curator at Slush
- Architectural evolution of inclusive public space - Antti Nousjoki, Architect,
Partner at ALA (architects of Oodi)
Ten workshops, organised in five tracks:
1. Achieving Sustainable Production and Consumption
a. How to transition to a Sustainable Food System in Finland?
b. Can we achieve Responsible Fashion Consumption?
2. Shaping sustainable societies
a. Shaping markets and society through laws: why do we have the rules that we have?
b. Contemporary Media, Fake news and Democracy
3. Gamifying for responsible decision-making and training
a. Play as an intervention tool for responsible decision-making
b. Get on-board to your next Humanitarian Rescue mission!
4. Organising for a sustainable world
a. ”Keep All Alive!” – a Message from Australia’s First People
b. Building bridges not borders: how (g)local environmental movements are changing
5. Reporting on Sustainability Activities and Risks
a. Sustainability Reporting: Trends and Regulation for the Future
b. What Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures-TCFD is all about?
Workshops have limited seats, so grab your spot fast!
Three exhibition areas:
- Tex Skuthorpe, Aboriginal artist from Goodooga north western NSW
- PLAN International "Kaukana kotoa" exhibition; pictures and texts
from Meeri Koutaniemi
- Sustainability-In-Action! campaign at Hanken
Interested in exploring the research collaboration and consortium prospects with Hanken?
Come and chat with our research liaison ombuds and researchers at their stand!
The event is free of charge and open to everyone but registration is mandatory. For the
detailed program, more information about the sessions and the bios of speakers, please
For questions, do not hesitate to contact the organisers at
Spread the word and let’s together transform society!
Responsible Organising Conference Coordination Team
Area of Strength in research at Hanken
Hanken School of Economics
P.O. Box 479, 00101 HELSINKI, FINLAND