For your information!
Professor, global education
Faculty of Education, Research unit: Values, ideologies and social contexts of education (VISE)
University of Oulu
P.O. BOX 2000
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin and Twitter.
The content of this message is confidential. If you are not a recipient indicated or intended in this message or you think this message may have been addressed to you in error, please inform us by an email reply and then delete the message. In such case it is forbidden to copy, forward, or in any way reveal the contents of this message to anyone.
From: Gordon-Smith, Pat
Sent: 25 June 2019 10:45
To: Gordon-Smith, Pat
Cc: Bentall, Clare; Muller, Kester
Subject: NEW ISSUE: International Journal of Development Education and Global Learning
International Journal of Development Education & Global Learning
Editor: Clare Bentall
All new articles available open access via the links below
The International Journal of Development Education & Global Learning is a bi-annual, open-access, peer-reviewed journal based at and supported by the UCL Institute of Education. For information about how to contribute to the journal, visit UCL IOE Press
Volume 11, number 1 - EDUCATION AND THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
The 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) increasingly feature in debates about education, whether in terms of Goal 4 on quality education or as a means for achieving other goals, such as good health and well-being. From a development education perspective, education is itself also crucial in helping learners to engage critically with debates about sustainable development. The contributions in this issue focus on the role of education in promoting the SDG agenda, whether through educational initiatives, or through the presentation of relevant concepts and approaches in policy and curriculum documents.
· Clare BENTALL - Editorial
· Laura SCHEINERT, Kerstin GUFFLER, Jan Tobias POLAK & Martin BRUDER - International development volunteering: An instrument for promoting education in line with the Sustainable Development Goals?
· Ruth AMOS & Ralph LEVINSON - Socio-scientific inquiry-based learning: An approach for engaging with the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals through school science
· Heather KERTYZIA & Katerina STANDISH - Looking for peace in the national curriculum of Mexico
· Victoria VACCARI & Meg P. GARDINIER - Toward one world or many? A comparative analysis of OECD and UNESCO global education policy documents
· Jenny HATLEY - Universal values as a barrier to the effectiveness of global citizenship education: A multimodal critical discourse analysis
· Ruth REYNOLDS, Suzanne MacQUEEN & Kate FERGUSON-PATRICK - Educating for global citizenship: Australia as a case study
· Nomisha C. KURIAN - Empathy: simple and inevitable? Development education and narratives of African poverty
See our catalogue for books and open-access journals on education and related areas of social science and professional practice